Wave Rock is So Amazing!
This amazing tour takes you south-east approximately 4 hours. A rather long time on the road for a day tour which is why we have set this tour to Wave Rock as an overnight stay.
You can stay longer if you wish – just let us know.
Wave Rock is a sight that will stay with you for the rest of your life! It is one of Australia’s most famous attractions and natural land formations from 2,700 million years ago. It is a giant surf wave of multi-coloured granite which looks like it is about to crash onto the bush below.
On return to Perth the next day we take a slightly different route which takes us back via York, WA’s oldest inland town. Here you can visit the Mill Gallery, Ye Olde Lolly Shop and a variety of very unique gift shops.
YOUR FIRST DAY
- Depart Perth at approximately 9.00am
- Lunch in Hyden at your leisure. You have a number of cafes to choose from and you can use this time to check out some of the local and unique gift shops
- Enjoy a surf without a surfboard on the magnificent rock that is Wave Rock
- We walk around the surrounding area which provide some absolutely wonderful views of the rolling hills and surrounding bush
- We visit Hippos Yawn…yes it looks like the a hippopotamus yawning and you can walk right in
- We visit the cave of Mulka, the Aboriginal outlaw – see the many hand prints on the roof of the cave
- We tour the salt lakes
- See the rolling hills and wildflowers along with the wildlife of this area
YOUR SECOND DAY
- Delicious continental breakfast in-house
- We leave Hyden around 9.00am back for Perth but we go via the inland town of York for a brief visit of WA’s oldest inland town.
- Along the way we visit the open air museum where scrap metal takes on a new life.
- We also visit the very unique dog cemetery
Free bottled water is available through out the tour. Meals are at your own expense.
Tour information is a guide, time and itineraries may vary and are subject to availability.
Prices start from: $1295 per person twinshare