This fascinating tour takes you 90 minutes north – east of Perth to Australia’s only monastic town, New Norcia. The town has been home to a community of Benedictine Monks since the first missionaries arrived from Spain in 1846. You’ll enjoy a fascinating guided tour of the town as well as entry to the museum, art gallery and gift shop which boasts one of the finest collections of moveable heritage in Australia, including gifts from the Queen of Spain.
Delving into the unique Spanish Legacy going back to 1846 New Norcia gives you a day to remember for the rest of your life, following in the Steps of our founder Dom Rosendo Salvado.
- YOU WILL ENJOY: a mouth-watering morning tea at the Bindoon bakery.
- YOU WILL EXPERIENCE: the two hour guided tour through our magnificent town and wonder at the skill and hard work that the original Spanish Monks put in to make this very special example of European heritage a standalone icon of Western Australia’s history.170 years of Benedictine care has preserved and protected this historic township and is the only Monastic town in Australia.
- YOU WILL EXPERIENCE HISTORY & ART After lunch wind your way down to the Museum and Art Gallery to view the spectacular collections of memorabilia and religious art works and the History of New Norcia laid out before your eyes over three spacious levels
- IT KEEPS GETTING BETTER! In the Art Gallery and Museum, you can purchase any of the wines and produce exclusive to New Norcia.
- Unfortunately, it is then time to bid you all “Adios y Buen Viaje!”
At approximately 3:00 pm we head our way back to Perth passing through the beautiful and scenic Chittering Valley.
- Guided town tour an amazing cultural experience
- Learn of the Spanish Bendictine Monks heritage
- Morning tea
- 2 hour guided tour of New Norcia
- Lunch at the New Norcia Hotel
- Wildflowers (Aug – Oct)
- Free bottled water, cool drinks and snacks
Price includes all activities, tastings, morning tea and lunch.
Departs 8.30am – Returns approx 5.30pm
Tour information is a guide, time and itineraries may vary and are subject to availability.